Hey Kellan Lutz lovers! The people over at iesb.net are holding a contest where you could get your Kellan-lovin’ hands on a Meskada poster signed by the hottie himself! They’re giving away two. Just click here to head over and enter. Good luck!
Last year we showed you a pic of Robert Pattinson at Norman’s Rare Guitar shop in LA here, and now almost a year later, he’s stopped in again for a new guitar and we have a new pic! Funny how he’s wearing the exact hat he wore in the store last year, lol. That’s the thing I love most about Rob – he’s solid, unchangeable.
From Norma’s Rare Guitars:
“Thanks Robert Pattinson for stopping by Norman’s Rare Guitars on Saturday. Robert bought a Fender Stratocaster John English Master Built Zebrawood Guitar! Enjoy that amazing guitar!“
The things that are tolerated in the name of science – it’s baffling, really. I mean, look at the stuff PETA protests (or don’t look, it’s pretty horrific). Animals being tortured and analyzed and infected with diseases, all so scientists can study the effects of this or that drug, hairspray, or mascara.
Normally I wouldn’t be thinking about this, but today, I’m in the animals’ position – being tortured in the name of science. Only it’s for my own benefit as well as for others, so I can’t really complain (but I still do).
Jasper had been gone for nearly an hour. This time, we didn’t stop when I caught a fuzzy, vague glimpse of him; this time, Edward and Carlisle pushed me farther.
And this time, I made a conscious effort to push my anxiety and rage into a spotlight, focusing all the emotions coursing through me into an almost tangible force that went searching for me, looking for Jasper. I could feel, taste, and hear my emotions, but not Jasper, so we kept going.
The whole idea was to see the wolves in the future, not Jasper in the present, and the mere thought would have broken me if I’d had room for it in my mind at the time – because Edward and Carlisle were sure to keep me in agony until I had a vision of a wolf, rather than a glimpse of Jasper wherever he was.
I hated it, that incessant itching in my mind when I couldn’t see Jasper’s future, and the total lack of control that had me shredding clothes and trying to harm my brother and father, and most of all I hated the part of my mind that was sure something horrible would happen while we were apart.
But that part of my mind was the reason this would work, or at least that was the prevailing theory. As much as it physically and mentally pained me, I couldn’t try to ignore it. I had to actually encourage my fears of Jasper getting hurt … or worse.
“LET GO LET ME GO! LETMEGO! LETMEGONOW!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, thrashing wildly in Carlisle’s restraining arms. My fingers twisted and reached, constantly trying to find purchase against an arm, neck, or throat in a futile attempt to escape. Couldn’t they see that Jasper was in grave danger?! That he was out there in the world, a dangerous, terrifying place full of unknown lurking threats that could attack without a moment’s notice – and that I could only save him if I could see where he was?!
As I screamed, begged, pleaded, moaned, and occasionally foamed at the mouth (probably not, but it felt like it at the time), Carlisle and Edward’s murmured commentary and hypothesizing formed a monotonous background to my suffering – unchanging, unresponsive, and uncaring (again, that’s how it really felt at the time).
Esme hovered outside the office, her normally smiling face frozen in horror as she watched me lose my mind. Several times, she caught her breath and moved forward a millimeter, only to be gently but firmly rebuffed by Edward. Finally, Carlisle suggested that she join Bella and Renesmee at the cottage, out of hearing distance.
I estimate that I had been dully mumbling “no, no, no” to myself in a heap on the floor for at least forty minutes before two things changed. First, and this sounds crazy so I’ll understand your skepticism, but I’ll refer you to Edward as my witness – my mind sort of … tightened. Like your muscles do when you tense to jump. Second, tranquility loosened the tension in my body, so that I was in an almost boneless state of relief.
In my peaceful state, I was hardly even aware of Edward and Carlisle as they eased me into one of the leather chairs, chattering excitedly to each other. They didn’t even try to include me in their conversation, as it was clear that my mind was elsewhere.
And where, you ask? Well, judging by the viewpoint of the wolf guarding Jasper as the two of them leapt off the ledge, they were on the mountainside, high up enough to just barely make out our rooftop. It was so sweet; they had been watching the house the whole time, making sure we were safe, while I worried about Jazz being safe.
Now, it’s true, I didn’t see the wolf. But I saw Jazz in the wolf’s peripheral vision, and I saw where they were, and unless there was someone else guarding Jasper then I had definitely seen a wolf in the future. … For about a hundredth of a second.
Still, it was worth celebrating, especially when Jasper came through the window instead of taking the door and stairs to get to me and I smiled up at him, all traces of stress gone from my mind and body as I breathed him in. Of course he was safe. Of course he was whole. He was Jasper Whitlock, and he could handle anything. More than I could, apparently, since I kept going to pieces when they took him away … but it wouldn’t be forever. Heck, we’d made such great progress today, I’d say we’re almost there!
Yeah … in my dreams. But for now, I wasn’t going to think about it. I had Jasper in my arms, and I hadn’t ruined my shoes (my clothes, unfortunately, were another story), and I had ETW2 to look forward to!
That’s right, revenge is sweet. It’s payback time, dear brother, and this time we’re not holding back! Oh, it might just be me and Jasper, rather than the whole crew we had last time – but Jazz and I are a team to be feared. Between the two of us, we’ll have Edward begging for mercy – and everyone else crying with laughter!
Here are some spoilers of the Stephenie Meyer/ Wyck Godfrey Producer Commentary. This commentary seems entertaining! Not as entertaining as the Rob and Kristen one, but still good. Just click the ‘SHOW’ to see the commentary spoilers. Enjoy!
• Supposedly a drunk friend was recording Xavier in his video audition he sent in.
• The title art was initially different. SM: It was boring.
• They chat about Bella having a voice over at the start of every movie. Wyck suggests Kristen’s voice over for Breaking Dawn will simply be “I’m pregnant”.
• SM describes the wig being a “diva”. i.e. requiring attention
• They joke about how Charlie is always drinking beer describing him as being the most alcoholic cop in movie history. SM describes him as the unsung hero of the Twilight series. Everyone loves Charlie. Then Wyck says he’s a “sung hero.” People have actually written songs about him so lookout on the next soundtrack.
• SM: Kristen’s skin is beautiful.
• They talk about fighting over the music. SM wanted Florence and the Machine song in the Beck and Bat for Lashes scene.
• SM likes Jasper’s hair despite it changing every movie. She thinks they finally got it right.
• They love Sarah Clarke. SM concludes Charlie and Renee are getting married again.
• In the Bella riding off on Jacob’s motorbike scene they laugh about the windshield wipers on Edward’s car stopping right in front of Rob’s face all the time.
• Imprinting: They decided the Claire/Quil story will be held until Breaking Dawn
• They call the wolfpack nudists running around in “jorts”
• A few people on set replicated the “spider monkey” scene in the Cullen house soundstage.
• The tribal story scene was the worst scene to shoot besides the baseball scene in Twilight.
• Kristen as the 3rd wife made the test audience laugh- unintentionally funny – so they cut it.
• SM talking about the books of the Twilight Saga: “Chris really gets the rough end of the stick. He got the weird one.”
• SM loves the sound of Bella’s hand crunching Jake’s face.
• All the producers practiced the Jacob/Bella kiss.
• SM walked out of Wyck’s trailer upset after seeing Angryward scene. She knew Jacob’s arm would be ripped off if Eddie ever tried to grab him by the shoulder.
• SM/Wyck call Emmett and Rosalie jerks for not coming to the graduation of their siblings.
• Wyck wanted Jacob to come into the graduation party scene as wolves to make a more dramatic entrance, or wearing jorts.
• Like Rob, Wycke also jokes that Alice looks drunk walking down the stairs before the flashback.
• Wycke to SM: “ You’re a logic Nazi!”
• SM: Talking about changing the style of the wolves between NM and Eclipse: “It’s just like the hair. Next time the wolves will be panthers!”
• Jacob wolf looking arthritic as he walks away from Bella-I totally thought that as well
• Wyck doing a Tenessee accent (its terribly funny)
• Like Rob, SM also commenting about Jasper’s “They’re verr come in the south”
• SM on the kid Jasper killed in the flashback: “That kid was nice, it was sad when we had to kill him. We should have picked some child actor who nobody liked”
• Talking about having a hot Rod party. SM : “The thing about Wyck is, he lies a lot, and you can’t tell when he’s lying or not.” Wyck: “Can we put Andy Samberg in BD?”
• SM has heard “imprint” and “battle” too many times, she no longer likes those words
• SM was there for the leg hitch scene
• SM: “Kristen’s really authentic and vulnerable. “
• Kristen running down to talk to SM wondering if she could do anything else during the leg hitch scene.
• Proposal scene: Rob keeps the ring under the bed. The first time they forgot about giving him the ring.
• Leg hitch: They knew it was a fandom request
• Wyck talking about Bella trying to seduce Edward: “I thought she could have had him.” SM: “If only she had you there to advice her wyck.”
• They were almost going to flashback to Edward courting Bella back in the olden days in black/white. Would have been unintentionally funny.
• In proposal scene Rob stressed out a lot. In the end the scene looked effortless
• Scene where Riley/Victoria kiss. Wyck: “He bites her lip!” SM: “ooh yeah I think you would lose a bit of lip there.”
• Korts=khaki shorts, Wyck plans to make a new line. SM will make a swing dance commercial for them.
• Taylor dropped Kristen going up a hill when he had to carry her.
• They all bought parka’s for the mountain top scene. It was hot, they didn’t need them. They send their thanks to producer Bill Bannerman
• First take of tent scene, Jacob kept his distance not touching her at all. They re-shot as SM insisted he be holding her.
• Edward/Jacob bromance is mentioned a few times
• They mention people having to shaking the tent outside to imitate the wind.
• For the tent scene Taylor emptied a trash can (everyone wondered why). It was for Kristen to make her feel more comfortable because she was terribly sick that day
• SM and Wyck commenting on Kristen not wearing her big jacket when walking out of the tent in the morning. They suggest Kristen throwing down the jacket in the scene and saying “you knew he was listening. I hate that coat!!”
• Jacob/Bella kissing scene: 2 different filming locations. SM added the last little kiss between J/B. SM: This required more demonstrative kissing “everyone was kissing everyone!”
• THEY FILMED JACOB/BELLA GETTING OLD TOGETHER. They had a grey Bella wig and everything. But everybody laughed so they cut it out. WHY ISN’T IT ON THE DVD?!?! WHERE IS IT?? WHEN WILL WE GET TO SEE IT?!!
• OK i don’t get this. SM: “At least they cut the part where they then continued the hunt and they leaped over a log and now Bella is being played by a very muscular stunt man i believe. Also now Bella is ripped. It was a very interesting aspect of her vampire transformation.” NO IDEA.
• They had a nickname for a newborn whose make up stood out: The “neon newborn”
• SM: “Esme kicks butt. A lot of creative ways to kill people.”
• SM mythology issues. She believes it looks too easy to kill a vamp. They should have to work more to do it.
• There was a Bree/Esme scene that was cut. Its not on the DVD.
• SM “Bryce’s face kills me” “crazy beautiful its unreal”
• SM: “Xavier’s face is so noble.”
• Wyck: (joking about Xavier)We really did take his arm off for this shot. Method acting
• Edward trying to get Victoria to attack him and not run away. Wycke: “Turn him into “ass” SM: “Oh wycke. These movies would be really different if you were writing them. They would be funny!”
• SM about Bella/Edward running from Victoria: “Hide behind the tree, that would fool her!”
• Wyck: “Kristen should do an all out action film. She’s really really athletic.” (I agree!) SM: “Oh she so should. I loved watching her run in New Moon, in Italy”. Wyck: “Really?” SM: “Yeah she looks so good”
• They sped up the speed of blood running down Bella’s arm
• There were shots of Riley’s disbelief as Victoria ignored his screaming that were cut out.
• SM on Edward: “I learnt this one in Italy!” as he bites off Victoria’s head.
• SM (funny voice): “There’s Leah. Screwing things up again!”
• W: “There was a shot where a wolf phased into naked Jacob, Ultimately too nudie.”
• SM: “I am always jealous of Jane’s outfits.”
• Rob/Kris kept laughing off camera trying to get Dakota to laugh when she was in character as Jane. They succeeded.
• SM went around saying “Pity” a lot after seeing the movie. (imitating Jane)
• Bree falls to the ground screaming. SM: “She’s so cute.”
• SM talks about auditions for Bree: 250 people screaming. Many of them badly. It was a painful experience.
• SM on Bella talking to Jacob when he’s sick: “Everyone’s listening. And they all want to beat you when you come back out.”
• They say the Jacob/Bella scene at the end is a great scene!
• Then they complain about Sheen’s of sweat, pillow sweat etc.
• Then they start joking about bad medical props. Wyck: Carlisle is to medicine like Charlie is to the police force.
• Wycke: Kristen’s fantastic again.
• There was song before metric that was supposed to be in the final scene that they got attached to. It was already released. They don’t say what song it was.
• They talk about the score which was made in England. SM: “Maybe we should film Isle Esme in England. Because its very tropical and warm!”
• SM on Bella’s final speech: “It feels like she’s made progression. She understands herself a little bit more.”
• Wyck on Edward giving Bella the ring at the end: “You missed the fight where she threw it at him. Oh yeah good off screen!”
• Wyck had a fantastic idea for Bella when Edward wouldn’t let her see Jacob.SM: “She storms upstairs. There’s a Picture of Joan Jett stuck by her mirror. She nods to herself and pulls out the scissors”. W: She looks in the mirror at herself and cuts her hair! Like Joan Jett. SM: Then we would be done! W: Then entire movie with hair like Joan Jett. That would have been fun. SM: No one ever listens to you Wyck.
• Wyck: “There are a few people we would like to thank….” SM thanks the Craft services, they’re like set mums. They make grilled cheese sandwiches like no other.
• Then they get serious and thank the director, assistants etc.
Hey 100 Monkeys fans! I just got news about the bands December tour dates and special hotel package deals! Here is the info:
100 Monkeys are set to embark on a tour that runs through the end of December into early January and are offering special packages that are available for purchase for their fans. We have a select few packages left and we wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on the chance to spend New Years Eve with the band at their show at Emo’s Alternate Lounge in Austin, Texas. The band also has a special deal with Starwood Hotels to provide reduced price hotel rooms for fans who are attending 100 Monkeys shows.
Here is some helpful information about the tour and hotel packages:
Here are some brand new pics of Alex Meraz shooting his Holiday Op campaign at Lucky Strike Bowling Alley in Hollywood (hence the clothing changes). Other celebs you might notice in the shoot are Cory Monteith from FOX’s hit show Glee, Trevor Donovan of CW’s 90210.
“The guys goofed around, chowed down, and hit the lanes, where they worked on their form.
It wasn’t all work for these guys — they seemed to have a lot of fun on the set! Cory and Alex chest bumped after a great game of bowling and the three goofed around eating pizza between takes.
If you like the casual cool Op duds the boys donned during the shoot — like the striped polo, plaid button down, or laid back shorts then you’ll be happy to know that they’ll be available exclusively at Walmart this season.”
I like Alex in red! It brings out his handsome-ness. Alex, Jackson Rathbone and Kellan Lutz all look amazing in red.