Hello my friends! Feels like it’s been forever since I’ve made a website update post. I like to make them every-so-often to answer any frequently asked questions and just to say, “Hey, thank you for visiting Bella’s Diary!”
I have a few update categories for this post. First, the fun giveaway part!
I’m giving away 2 paperback copies of my novella, ‘My Darrling.’ You can check out the synopsis and reviews here to decide of it’s your taste! (It won’t be everyone’s ‘type’ of book, so if it’s not something you’d like, just skip this section.)
Now, if you’ve read the synopsis and it looks like something you’d like to read, all you have to do to enter is one of the below things (just pick one, whichever one is most convenient for you).
1. Add ‘My Darrling’ to your ‘To Read’ shelf on Goodreads, then go to my author profile page here and leave a comment that says, “Entered.” (You can find the comments section right at the bottom of the profile. Just scroll all the way down). I’ll check that you did indeed add it to your ‘To Read’ shelf and then add you to the entrants list.
2. Copy, paste and Tweet the following (all the words in maroon)— Book Recommendation: ‘My Darrling’ by @mcleantweet Read the synopsis here: http://viewbook.at/MyDarrling
3. If you have an Amazon account, go here and click the little yellow ‘LIKE’ under the title and my name. (This helps authors rank on the website!) Screen shot it after you click it, and tweet the pic to @mcleantweet (that’s me!)
*Contest winners picked 1 week from today (Saturday March 16th), and you will be notified either on Goodreads (if that’s where you entered) or via Twitter through the account you tweeted to me from. Contest is open WORLDWIDE. Good luck!
Volunteer Fan-fiction Authors Needed:
Let’s not beat around the bush here: Bella’s Diary has been slacking on the fan-fic. And hey, when I opened the site, that’s all it was about—the diary! Although I have a bunch of excuses as to why I’ve been slacking, I won’t bother feeding them to you . . . because I know it gets redundant. I will leave you with this, though: I’m sorry for the giant delay in finding new authors when past authors dwindled away. I should have been more on the ball. Now that the Twilight Saga is over, it’s really the best time to offer some diaries for those of you (like me) who miss it like crazy.
So . . .
Bella’s Diary is now looking for people who can volunteer to write diaries for the following characters (at least 1 per month—length of diary doesn’t matter as long as the story is good).
1. Edward. I miss him. I want to know what’s going on with ol’ (literally) Edward! I want to see where his life went after Stephenie Meyer stopped writing the Twilight Saga. Sure, only Stephenie can give us the real thing, but if you think you have what it takes to take on Edward’s character (and want to have an audience of around 100,000 Twiaholics/month—many of which will turn in to a devoted fan base) then send me between 2 and 4 paragraphs of your writing as Edward and outline where you’d like to take his story. Send to email@example.com with the title: Edward’s Diary
2. Bella. Did you just gasp? Yup, I’m ready to take what I started and hand it to someone who I think will do it justice. I’m going to be picky with this one because I was the one who personally wrote as Bella before stopping to write my own books. I started this site entirely to purge my mind of ideas I had for her. If you think you would make a great continuation to Bella’s Diary, send between 3-5 paragraphs of your writing and examples of where you’d take her story (point list if you’d like) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Bella’s Diary.
3. Alice. Alice is the best friend we all want . . . to read her diary is just such a fun escape! We need an Alice. If you’re bubbly and fun and ‘get’ Alice’s character, then please send me between 2 and 4 paragraphs of your writing from Alice’s POV and outline where you’d like to take her story to email@example.com with the title Alice’s Diary.
4. Who do you want to see? Tell me to the @bellasdiary Twitter account. I always check Tweets—sometimes a little later in the day, but I always check. For now I’m going with the 3 characters above, but will add another that YOU all vote on (Renesmee? Charlie? Aro? Rosalie? Or someone else . . ?) I’m going to keep a tally, then after a couple weeks I’ll count the tweets to see who you all voted for! Just pick your favorite person from the Twilight Saga and Tweet their name to @bellasdiary
My Vampire Novel: Willow (Book 1: Coveted).
I plan to release my vampire novel shortly and recently released a synopsis! Check it out HERE and please add it to your ‘To Read’ shelf if it’s something you’d like to read. Honestly, I’ve been asked so many times by people who’ve been reading Bella’s Diary for years, “Krystal, is there anything I can do to help with your books/writing/etc., now that you’re doing your own thing?” and truly, the best thing is just to help spread the word by adding it to your Goodreads, linking to it if you can, talking about it—it all helps drum up excitement and I appreciate it more than words can say. I solemnly swear to not shove my work down your throat by inundating my social network accounts with, “Buy my book. Buy it. Did you buy my book yet? Hey, people . . . my book. Get my book now. Buy it. My book Book. Book.” Haha.
IS THE BELLA’S DIARY WEBSITE GOING ANYWHERE NOW THAT THE SAGA IS OVER?
Nope, we’re not quitters! The actors are still employed, so we’re going to keep you up to date on their other projects, and Stephenie Meyer‘s future projects, too! The news might not be as crazy as it was been between New Moon and Breaking Dawn, but it’ll still be there—and now that we’re looking for new writers we’ll have fan-fic, too. (As long as we do find writers, that is.)
So far this is all I can think of to update, but if I think if more I’ll add it here. Also feel free to send an email of something you think I could add to this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey everyone! I’m writing this quick update for those of you who visit the website to read the diaries, and asking you to please welcome the writer of our brand new Esme’s Diary, Niki!
Niki was previously writing as Esme on her own, and throughout the past while we’ve been chatting back and forth when she mentioned she’d love to share her writing with a bit of a larger audience.
Since the writer of Renesmee’s Diary had to resign due to time constraints, and I’m not 100% sure what’s happening with Alice’s Diary yet and, of course, I’ve stopped writing Bella’s Diary, I figured I owed it to you all to bring on another writer. In emails, a lot of you have made it clear that you’d LOVE an Esme’s Diary, so this is for you!
Niki is a wonderful writer who is able to capture the warmth and compassion that Esme encompasses.
If you have a minute, please ‘Like’ Esme’s Diary on Facebook HERE and drop her a warm ‘welcome’ on her wall. I’ve told her how great and supportive you all can be, so she’s very excited to interact with you. She’s super sweet and friendly!
♥ Now, for those of you who are emailing in and asking why I haven’t added new writers yet to make up for the ones who resigned, or just stopped writing (like myself), it’s because I am very well aware of the fact that this is an extremely busy time for students in school right now. With homework, exams, extracurricular activities and prom to prepare for, writing just isn’t possible for many of you. And even those who have joined the website to write and thought they’d have the time to contribute diaries every-so-often have found it more difficult than it sounded to really find the time to brainstorm ideas, get them down, edit them, etc.
In short, we wont be seeking new writers now until around the beginning of summer break. This is only because I don’t want to add new writers and get you all excited, then have it turn out that they’re too busy/overwhelmed to write. I also fully understand how tough it can be to scrounge up the time to sit down to devote to writing and would rather be patient and get someone who has the time, then to rush into it and add a writer who bit off more than they could chew.
These writers are volunteers, and are doing this in their free time out of the love of the saga, their characters and making people (the readers) happy. Taking anytime at all out of their hectic schedules to write and contribute to the website always means the world to me, and I hope it does to all of you as well.
♥ On another quick note, I want to thank those of you who have read the VERY short preview of my book and have left such wonderful feedback. It means the world to me and has encouraged me to finish editing it and to stop procrastinating.
For those of you who haven’t read the (tiny) preview I released, you can view it under the INFO tab on the fan page for the book HERE.
Thank you all so much!
I am so excited to announce that we have a new –and incredibly talented– writer for Edward’s Diary, Rachel! Rachel is taking over for the previous writer, Sarah, who due to time constraints could no longer write as Edward. [You can see Sarah's note to everyone if you missed it HERE]
♥ You can view the very first New Edward’s Diary entry from Rachel HERE!
Rachel plans to wrap up where Sarah left off and then bring Edward’s story to after Breaking Dawn, like all the other diaries on the site. Rachel also, like the other writers, is in school and plans to write whenever she can squeeze in time, making it more frequent when she is on Summer holidays. [Please remember to be courteous when it comes to other people's free time and don't try to rush writers. They appreciate your patience more than you know.]
You can ‘like’ Edward’s Diary on Facebook HERE & Follow Rachel (Edward’s Diary) on Twitter HERE! Sarah so kindly let our new writer take over the original Twitter & Facebook accounts so the previous fans wouldn’t get confused. (Thank you Sarah ♥ )
Before I go, I want to let you all know that I am getting your emails about the other diaries not being updated and I hope you know that the writers haven’t forgotten about you. Alexandra from Renesmee’s Diary updated her Facebook today with a message to let everyone know she’d be back soon. And Erin (Alice’s Diary) is going through a SUPER busy streak and a case of writers block. I get writers block quite frequently and I can definitely say it is super frustrating, but more-so when you feel under pressure.
Meagan (Jacob’s Diary) updated not too long ago and I am working on my last entry now, too.
Really, you are all the best, most supportive readers we could ask for and you are very courteous of our time. I hope you don’t think I’m saying you aren’t. This is just a small friendly reminder for the more ‘impatient’ ones. Also, I’m trying to let you know we would never forget about you and that even though I can’t get back to each one, I am getting your emails.
Head over to Rachel’s Facebook and Twitter links I posted and send her a BIG WELCOME! She is a huge sweetheart and very friendly!
♥WELCOME TO THE TEAM RACHEL!!♥
Welcome back everyone! First of all, thank you all so much for your patience while we switched our server! (Our old one wasn’t able to handle certain scripts we were running on the site, like the Tweet & Facebook one you see below each post.) But, we’re back and on a server that can handle anything we throw its way!
Now, I’ll cut to the updates… because if you’re like me, your attention span weens off when people blabber on.
1. I’ll be catching up on news today and tomorrow.
2. ATTN: Edward’s Diary Readers! If you haven’t, please check out Sarah’s (the writer of Edward’s Diary) note she wrote for her readers here. Please note that I will privately be selecting a new writer for that Diary, so please no emails. I promise I’ll pick someone great! I’ll need about two weeks. Thanks again for your patience.
3. Just a reminder: We are in no way affiliated with Summit Entertainment or Stephenie Meyer. Not even close. All diaries on Bellasdiary.com are, of course, unofficial diaries…. otherwise known as Fan Fiction.
4. You can find us on Twitter here, and like us on Facebook here. I just made a new Twitter layout, so check it out.
That’s it for now Twi-lovers! Again, thank you so much for your patience… it means a lot.
Hello Twilighters! I am just posting a few things here because the volume of emails I have received lately has been massive and unfortunately I haven’t been able to find the time to respond to it all. So, I am here to tell you about a few things, and also answer a few questions that have been asked repeatedly.
1. After much thought, and receiving complaints (which I’m not getting into here) we have made the decision to remove Rosalie’s Diary. However, any loyal readers should know where to find Martin (the writer) should they choose to continue following. Please don’t spam me with questions asking where Rosalie’s Diary went. I know there are some loyal readers, but unfortunately, because of differences & continuous complaints, this is what is best. The one thing I’ve learned from all this is that it’s IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone. With that, we wish Martin the best of luck with his endeavors!
2. On the BRIGHT side, this has freed up room for a fresh NEW Diary! Should it be Edward? Carlisle? Jane?
3. We will be searching for a new writer to join the team and take over a new characters diary! However, it needs to be someone who needs little to zero editing done on their entry (preferably someone who has a friend who will edit the entries for them before submitting). At times, I spent over an hour editing Rosalie’s Diary, and right now I don’t have time to do this.
4. Feel free to send in a sample of your work, but please only send if:
♥You can write an entry at least twice/month (length doesn’t matter really). This is volunteer, so of course if you ever can’t, or choose to stop you would just need to let me know.
♥You have a decent understanding of structure, have good grammar/writing skills and a deep grasp on your character. (You NEED to know your character). I will not have time to edit entries, so they need to be proofread.
♥You can tolerate criticism (it happens sometimes when you have a high volume of readers). You need to focus on the good, and the people who like your work, not the negative ones. Write for your fans, for the people who love what you’re doing – and only them! (Wow, I got insightful there).
♥You just like to write for the sake of writing & have a love for the Twilight Saga!
♥You can engage readers and gather new readers. I will post your work on our Facebook page, Twitter etc, but it’s up to you to get readers as well. You should be willing to make a Twitter for your character etc.
♥Last thing: When your email starts like this: hayyy I wud liekkk 2 right edwardz diaries lololzzzzzz <— I stop reading it right away. So if you want me to read it, please use decent, legible grammar.
If you think after reading this that you’d like to join Meagan, Alexandra & myself and start a diary send an sample to: email@example.com
5. We changed the site layout a while ago and I just wanted to thank you all sooooo much for the feedback and compliments. I am so happy you all like it as much as I do!!
6. After we DO choose a new diary writer, please don’t send in emails asking if there’s room for one more diary because I PROMISE I will announce when there is room for more. This is what I get the most emails about, so I just wanted to clear that up for all of you asking
7. A Few of you asked how the Toronto Twilight Convention went (Bella’s Diary had our own panel , YAY!) So I just want to let you know that it went great. I got to meet Alexandra (the writer for Renesmee’s Diary) as well as some Bella’s Diary readers (hello to the lovely people I met from England! You were soooo sweet!) and Charlie Bewley (aka Demetri)! Funny story: Charlie came backstage after his panel and said “Hey!” with enthusiasm. I shifted my eyes from right to left wondering why on earth Charlie Bewley looked so stoked to see complete strangers. He then said: “Oh, I thought you were the wolf pack. You look like Julia, then I saw her (points to Alexandra) and him (points to the Bella’s Diary site developer/coder) and thought you were the wolf actors.” (Insert awkward group laugh here). We then all introduced ourselves and he was very sweet and friendly!
Alright, I know you have places to be, Twilight things to do, Robert Pattinson’s to stalk – so I’m off! Thanks so much for reading and if you have other questions, send ‘em in and I’ll do another site update soon answering them!
♥P.S. I also want to say THANK you to Alexandra (Renesmee’s Diary), Meagan (Jacob’s Diary) and Amy (Daybreak Chronicles writer) for all their hard work and also “Wow,” because these three can write! And they all know the characters so well! They are so generous to take the time and share their talent with fellow Twi-Lovers! You all are amazing & have become my friends! XO