As most of you know, Catherine Hardwicke is the director behind the first Twilight movie. Now, she is the name behind the movie ‘Red Riding Hood.’ We showed you the first trailer in November here and now we have the second one below. Enjoy!
Catherine Hardwicke is the amazing director behind the first Twilight movie (I know there are differing opinions regarding the ‘amazing’ part, but I LOVED Catherine’s work, personally). And now she’s taken another fantasy to film with ‘Red Riding Hood.’ (You can see the official Trailer here). MTV has pointed out some similarities between Catherine Hardwicke’s Twilight, and Catherine’s ‘Red Riding Hood.’ Check it out:
I think they have a similar feel so far as Catherine is the master of working with outdoor scenes and creating that cold, but warm feel (if that makes sense).
We showed you the first stills of Catherine Hardwicke’s ‘Red Riding Hood’ movie the other day here, and now we have the first official trailer. Billy Burke – who plays Bella Swan’s Dad in the Twilight Saga, Charlie Swan – is also in ‘Red Riding Hood.’ We showed you pics of him on the set a while back here.
This movie looks sooo amazing!! And has so many things in common with Twilight: Director (Catherine Hardwicke), Billy Burke (Charlie Swan), Shiloh Fernandez (who plays Peter in Red Riding Hood) was a finalist to play the role of Edward Cullen in the Twilight movie, which was obviously eventually given to Robert Pattinson.
Catherine Hardwicke is the director behind the first Twilight, and now she’s taken on a new fictional fantasy with Red Riding Hood. Below is a scan of the first pics from the film, and I have to say, I cannot wait to see this!! Amanda Seyfried gorgeous too!
Last night Breaking Dawn screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg & Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke attended ELLE’s 17th Annual Women In Hollywood Tribute at The Four Seasons Hotel on October 18, 2010 in Beverly Hills, California. We haven’t forgotten about you, Catherine! You did bring us the very first Twilight movie, after all. ♥
Catherine Hardwicke attended the New Jersey Twilight Convention today and shared some fun info’ about Robert Pattinson & Twilight. Some of the things on her list:
- At teen choice Rob told Catherine that he borrowed Marcus fosters shirt that Marcus wore the night before b/c rob had no clean clothes
- Rob recorded let me sign while watching the cut of the scene and pegged the song to what he was seeing on screen emotionally
- At Robs audition he still had Dali hair, a stained tee shirt and wasn’t toned. Studio said are you sure you can make this guy look good
- Rob originally saw that fans hated him as a casting choice and Catherine told him hang in there and trust me and said stay offline. Rob said my mother sent it to me. Catherine said stop opening emails from your mother
- She had Rob put extensions in his hair and he hated them.
- Says she would have filmed some dream sequences if there had been money.
- She is happy that cast was relatively unknown so they could be the character.